Wednesday, May 26, 2004

To The Anonymous Comment-Poster:

Dear Anonymous,
   I am interested in your response to my blog posts (one on "Now That's What I Call a Gun" here and one on "Cool Looking Weapons Siezed" here) . Allow me to remind you that this, being a blog, only represents the views of the people posting to it, and in no way, shape, or form intends to insult or offend anyone. That may have slipped your mind.
   Also, I assume that you are not someone who knows me personally very well, and passes judgment rather quickly, assuming that "guys ... think that weapons ... [a]r[e] cool." Allow me to assure you that I do not represent all guys. Also, let me encourage you to use proper capitalization and rise to the challenge of typing the "a" and "e" in the word "are" when posting comments to my blog (more information here...). So, back on topic, if you were to know me, or even read my posts slightly more carefully, you may see things such as "...I am not really for killing people and things unnecessarily,..." which may clue you in to the fact that I do not in any way support torture and killing (with slight exceptions to killing). I encourage you to reply, as I always enjoy a hearty conversation.
   And now, more directly targeted at your comments on my posts, I do find guns interesting and have even done some target shooting, but would never kill a living being unless I were to have no choice. As for the knife, it does not seem to me that it would be an effective weapon for torture and/or killing as it is too large and unwieldy. This does not mean that I think that torture and/or killing with any other weapon is acceptable, especially torture. In fact, I prefer to look past the more gruesome aspects of this knife and am more interested in its interesting design and shape.
   Now, this is all hopefully straightened up. I am glad that I have readers with enough interest and motivation to respond to my entries, BUT, if you do not wish to continue reading this blog, I encourage you by all means to remove the tape holding your eyelids open and move on. The internet is a big place and there are many sites, some better and some worse, in my opinion.
      Sincerely,
         Jules

Comments:
Hi- I'm annonymous and I still havn't gotten the answer to the question: "Why is it cool?" If you'd never use it for torture or killing, what's so "cool" about it? What appeals to you and why?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?