Saturday, July 31, 2004

Disruptive Technology

In response to Scoble's post on Disruptive tech:
   Disruptive technology is everywhere. For example, there's Skype or cameraphones. I, for one, never expected a cell phone with a camera, I mean, why would anyone want to take pictures with a cell phone!? ;-) And yet, now I have one, and really like the addition of the camera.
   Other things that one might think of as disruptive technology are alternate user interfaces. I really enjoy a good user-interface, but I feel that it is hard to come up with radically different ones because most of us have become thoroughly stuck on the point-and-click and keyboard interface. If someone suggested that augmented reality would become the next big, almost ubiquitous technology, how many people would listen? It's like saying that the sun is at the center of the solar system! Nice try, Galileo!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?